Saturday, October 1, 2011

Life Is Great

I absolutely love it here thus far.  The food is great, things are cheap, most people are friendly, and I pretty much do whatever I please since I have no schedule.  I found a place to live for pretty cheap.  My negotiating skills are not that good, but I had my friend Billy do it for me.  He saved me about $75/month on rent which is pretty substantial since the place was cheap already.  I start moving in Monday, so as soon as I get some photo's I will post them.

I started Language a few days ago and have had a total of two lessons.  I'm enjoying it so far, it seems like an easy enough language and after a few months I should be able to communicate decently.  My teacher is a ladyboy which threw me a bit at first.  It was the first one I encountered here, so I was studying and trying to make sure.  She's really nice though and a good teacher.

I could definitely see myself here long term.  I think 3 years is very reasonable and I'm already thinking about vacationing other places.  I really want to go to my homeland of Italy.  Australia and New Zealand seem like mandatory visits since they're so close.  We'll see how things go though, I should probably make some money first.

I'll end with a few photos.  Look for another update next week :)

Pad Thai
 walkway to restaurant
 the pink tuk tuk
 Thailand sidewalks are tough to navigate

No comments:

Post a Comment