Saturday, September 24, 2011

In Thailand

Figured I should update this now that I'm semi-settled in.  The flight was long and brutal, but could've been much worse.  My friends Tim, Jordan, and Matt all met me at the airport and helped get me home.  I haven't been sleeping too much since I've been here, I think maybe it's the excitement factor plus having a lot on my mind.  The first day was an information overload.  I was trying to figure out where to eat, set up my phone, unpack, communicate with Thai's, and a whole mess of other things.  I wasn't able to go anywhere w/o my friends.  Don't feel too bad for me though.  My day consisted of getting a thai massage for $5, swimming, sonna session, and eating great food.

Yesterday was much better.  I woke up around 9am when everyone was still sleeping.  I decided I needed to do some exploring and find my language school.  After walking around aimlessly for 2 hrs I finally found it and settled all the paperwork/money etc.  I got back to Tim's apartment (where I'm staying) and he had just woke up.  He took me out to set up my bank account, and to go to the mall.

The only thing I have left to do is look for my own place.  I won't be doing that until tomorrow though since it's Sunday.  I start language class on Wednesday which I'm pretty excited for.  I really want to learn Thai, so it's easier to get around.  Most people speak english, but it's still difficult to understand sometimes.  I'm going to stop writing now and just post some pics.  I'll update again soon.

in the back of red truck taxi. ~.65c gets u anywhere

the mall
 sitting in the tuk tuk. more expensive then red truck, but faster/better
 walking by the moat
 part of my street, 711 is everywhere

No comments:

Post a Comment