Monday, October 3, 2011

Moved In!

I just moved into my new apartment.  It's nothing too special, just a studio, but it's in a good part of town close to my friends. Actually, it's in the same building as some of my friends.  It's still just a 5 minute walk to school as well, so I'll save on taxi's.  This will be the first time I'm living without roommates, should be interesting.

I'm pretty much set up now.  I know for the most part how to get around, although sometimes it's still hard to communicate with taxi drivers.  My Thai will only get better though, so I don't see that being an issue for much longer.  I've figured out where my "go to" restaurants are in the area.  A lot of good Thai places are a two minute walk from my door.  I'm still waiting to get better internet, but I should have that solved within a couple weeks.  Right now I'm just using the properties wifi which is decent enough.  Now that I'm set, I'm just enjoying my staycation.

I bought a tennis racket yesterday, and plan to start playing again. I also want to find some people to play basketball with.  I've heard whispers of such a group, but have not yet introduced myself.  Other than sports, I plan to take a few trips around Thailand.  They're aren't any beaches in my city, but lots of beautiful beaches if I take a lil trip.  They're also lots of scenic rides through the mountains I've heard.  Many things to do here, including just staying in the city and chilling.  So I'll just post pics of my place and move along.

view from my door, small lounging area and balcony in the back
 kinda small bathroom, but I'm not a woman so I don't need a lot of space for make up or anything
 kitchen area, no stove, but usually just as cheap to go out
 Free Toshiba Kleenex holder. Pretty sure it's the best brand of Kleenex holders, but to be honest I did not shop around
 TV/Computer area, had to use my dining room table as my TV stand so I could fit my computer/monitor
 

No comments:

Post a Comment