Saturday, October 8, 2011

Scooter Ride

I rented a scooter today for about $8.  My friend Matt took me up the mountain past Doi Suthep (sp?), which is a temple or something.  It was the most fun and beautiful ride I've ever experienced.  These pictures don't even really do it justice, but it's hard to take pics while you're driving.  I had only practiced on a scooter once, so driving in Chiang Mai traffic was a bit challenging at first.  I'm still alive though, and felt pretty confident after the first 5 minutes or so.  I think taking a week long bike trip around Thailand is something I'd be really interested in.

Other than that I've just been having non-stop fun.  The nightlife is a good time here, but not as crazy as Bangkok i've been told.   Usually I'm staying up late and waking up late, and just living the dream basically.  They're so many good restaurants, and most of them are much cheaper than in the states.

I don't really have much else to say.  Rainy season will be ending shortly, and then I hear it will be "cold" for a while.  Pretty sure that means in the 70's and 80's F, but not positive.  Considering it will soon be 0 degrees and snowing in Chicago, I don't think I'll be coming home anytime soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment