Friday, August 24, 2012

Favorite Thai Foodz

Decided to take some pics of some of my favorite cuisine I eat around Chiang Mai.  There's a few I've left out that maybe I'll edit in later, but these are most of them.

Pad Thai Gai (fried thai style noodles with chicken): I'm guessing most of you are familiar with this, pretty tasty.  This was taken when I first arrived and the restaurant has since gone down hill, but i believe this used to go for 35 baht (bout $1.15)
 Chicken and Potatoes with yellow curry (don't remember how to say it in thai): This is probably my most eaten dish at Aroon Rai restaurant. It's right by Thapae Gate which is where a lot of my favorite hang out spots are.  It's a little spicy but not too intense, really good when poured over rice. Price 50 baht (~$1.60)
 Khaw Pad Khiaw Wan Gai, i think that's how u say it (green curry fried rice with chicken): this is at Organic restaurant right by my condo.  Little spicy, price 30 baht ($1)
 Pad Krapaw Gai (this is one version of it): this is a pretty spicy dish, I've also had it at another place and couldn't even finish it b/c my mouth was on fire (you can pretty much tell them how spicy you want it and they'll oblige).  This is from Jok Sompet and actually didn't discover it until recently.  It's basically just a big piece of chicken with basil and a bunch of chilli's over some rice. Price 65 baht (~$2.10), can find it for 35-40 baht most places, but not as big a serving.
 Khao Soy Muu (spicy yellow curry noodle soup with pork):  this is something i used to never eat when I first came, but learned to enjoy it.  This is taken at Khao Soy Nimman, which is about a 6 minute walk from me down the street.  I get it with a coke and it's 74 baht, so I think the dish by itself is around 59 baht (~$2).  Had it elsewhere for cheaper, but I've found this place to be the best and most consistent.
 Muu Nam Tok (spicy pork with other stuff): probably my favorite dish, can be super spicy if you ask for it.  I have it with sticky rice which is really good to dip in the left over sauce.  This is at Gai Yang (fried chicken) restaurant, which is about a 5 minute walk from me. Price 55 baht (~$1.75)

That's all I have for now.  The first 3 months I was here, I don't think there was a single item up there that I was excited to eat, but as my budget changed I adapted and learned to love all of them.  That's probably going to be about it for my Thailand blog.  I keep waking up too late to visit anywhere, or it just rains so I can't drive anywhere.  I'll probably do one or two sad goodbye/wrap up blogs and then it's back to the USA for a while until I can get some money together.

No comments:

Post a Comment