Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Farewell

This song pretty much sums it up if u switch a few of the words.

It's been a pretty emotional couple days, having to say goodbye to many of my friends.  Last night I went out for one final blowout.  Had a good turnout despite only giving about a 3 hour notice to all my friends.  The night seemed to fly by and I really didn't want it to end.  Here's a few pics

Me and Sammy
 The Lovely An
 Love this group shot (and the people in the group)
Apple and An
 Last photo I had in my camera

Today I've just been starting to pack up a bit.  Tonight will probably just relax and reminisce over the last year.  Then tomorrow I'll finish packing, hang out a bit, and head to the airport around 9pm.  My dad's picking me up at the airport in Chicago and it will be great to see him.  I think I actually have less stuff to pack then when I came here which is weird.  

It's been quite a year, probably the most fun I've had, but also one of the most challenging and trying.  It's been really hard being away from the support of my family.  I've talked with them via skype, but not having them around for an entire year has been rough, especially when things were difficult.  You're probably thinking "this kid is 26, doesn't work, and is living in Thailand, what could he possibly have to worry about?".    Yeah, kind of spot on actually, but things happen.

I met a lot of great people here and I'll miss them all.  I'm really hoping to return, but have no immediate plans.  I need to find some work and make a pile of money.  I'm thinking about 1-2 years before I do something like this again.  I may do one more blog when I'm bored at the Korean airport for my layover, otherwise this is pretty much it. Pz out!

2 comments:

  1. Cant wait ta see ya my homie' you may be broke as a joke but I see ya as more baller then ever right now...

    ReplyDelete